The first item that pops out at me is the large amount of bottled water. Water is a beverage that accompanies any flavor—spicy, sweet, sour, or salty. I am a person who can get along with people of every different personality, race, religion, sexual orientation etc. Because of this, I strive to form relationships with people that are the same as me, as well as those who are completely opposite of me. I find it interesting to learn about people that are different than me because I am introduced to different cultures, beliefs, and values that differ from mine. In order to become an intelligent person, I feel it is essential to be familiar with characteristics of other people increasing a person's level of diversity.
The second item in my fridge is many different types of frozen dinners, pizza, and other quick meals. A person can conclude that I am an extremely busy person and eat on the go or consume quick meals in between class, meetings, and other social events. Though I am incredibly busy, I find it imperative to take each day as it comes—not to get caught up in the past, or worry about the future. I have learned that this is the best way to maintain an optimistic, stress-free life.
Chocolate, candy, and other sweets are scattered throughout my fridge, shelves, and other places throughout my room. Being a goal-oriented person has allowed me to eat somewhat healthy, though save some desserts for times in need of a reward. Growing up, I was always taught that in order to achieve a large task, hard work and small steps are necessary. This concept has been demonstrated through my high school career and has become even more prevalent through the difficult journey of an aspiring nurse.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really liked you water analogy. I think it was a great way to express how you fell towards different people and that you are able to get along with them easily, because water goes with everything! One thing I think you could have included in your blog was maybe describe to the readers what your food doesn't say about you, or what a person may be missing about you when they look at your food selection. Overall I thought it was very well done.
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog- its really different from the others that I have read.
ReplyDeleteThe one thing that I would suggest is that you address (more so) the part of the prompt that asks "what assumptions would someone make about your personality based on your food."
:)
I found it very interesting how you tied the bottled water into being a person who gets along with everyone. Maybe you could have added to this something about how people could see something in your fridge and mis interpret it compleetly.
ReplyDeleteI like how you included and related everything to your goal of becoming a nurse at the end. I can relate to that. You could've maybe included how something in your refrigerator may mislead people or leads them to misjudge you.
ReplyDeleteI like your idea about the water!Sometimes I just find the water boring though my mom has always been asked me to drink more water.And my friend successfully lost her weight by drinking more water.I'll get more water in my fridge then.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your last paragraph because you told a lot about yourself in only a couple strong sentences. I thought you could have said more about how the chocolate is reflected in your life.
ReplyDeleteThe first paragraph is well written and creative. It introduces us to who you are and doesn't just list types of food and drinks in your fridge. You could talk about something that you have in your room that totally misrepresents you or doesn't do your personality justice. Great job, and good luck becoming a nurse!
ReplyDeleteI like how you relate water as to going with anything, that's an interesting comparison. My only suggestion would be to include thoughts about what people may assume from some of your food contents and then explain the real connection as you did.
ReplyDeleteCapturing entry. I like that you oraganized the blog in an organized manner with water as a very connectable opening, since most poeple drink water. Then each catagory was uniquely explained in connection to your personalty.
ReplyDeleteVery good use of analogies and sentence structure. You used a cornocopia of words that were not bland, but strike the reader in a much different fashion than if you were to use much more mundane words. I also enjoyed how you tied the contents of your refrigerator into how your life is run, but I think the last paragraph could have used a little more grooming in a sense that it seems you tried to sum up your entire story too quickly. Other than that, nice.
ReplyDelete