Monday, April 20, 2009

Octo-Mom is crazy.




The picture to the left is from Perez Hilton. Perez Hilton's claim to fame is his incredibly sarcastic and humerus celebrity gossip website. He is incredibly "on time" and never lets anything get past him. After checking his website a couple of days ago, I came across this blog post that I just couldn't help but laugh about.

For starters, this whole "octo-mom" drama has been so intriguing to me. From the first time she was in the news, she just screamed attention whore; this was easily confirmed as she continued to be in the limelight long after her 8 children were born, and taken home to start their hectic life. From her interviews discussing her struggling, seemingly non-existent, finances, and her claim of being a great mother who just wants the best for her 14 children--she just seems full of crap.

This blog article discusses the possibility of Octo-Mom getting her own TV show--oh, but it is NOT a reality show. Ha. If it isn't a reality show...what is it? The sad thing is, as much as people rip on her for trying to be a celebrity, people ARE going to watch it if it comes to the US... I'm sure I would. I do find it surprising that she plans on having the show cover her children's lives for the next 18 years of their lives. She obviously thinks that people are going to watch it for 18 years. I think by that time, people will have completely forgotten about her and her obnoxious desperation to be in the public eye. This whole TV stunt is just another way for her to get more money. I just can't believe that she is willing to exploit her life and her children's lives like she is. She claims she wants what is best for them, and she wants the media and public attention to go away; however, putting them on TV is not the best thing for them. They have had enough publicity as it is... let it go!

This entire situation seems to be another effort of people to become famous--using technology to advance their "celebrity careers." I think that because of the increasing importance of technology in people's lives, the media has completely taken advantage of this. It is THAT easy to get on TV...Have 8 children, be crazy, and have the desire for money--this is pretty much all it took for Nadya Suleman. If this is how easy it is now, I can't imagine how changing technology in the future will change "Reality TV."


1 comment:

  1. I think that this is awesome! and an awesome topic!! I really like how you talk about easy is to get your own reality tv show.
    I wish you would have written more just because I would have liked to read it :)

    ReplyDelete