Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Today in class we discussed the Colbert Report video, the Time Magazine article, and the Time Magazine cover page. I feel that the Colbert Report, though sarcastic and somewhat pessimistic, seemed to be the most interesting portrayal of the new information age. I think he made such a huge point when he had the laptop out in front of him and changed information on Wikipedia to say what he wanted it to say. This was extremely powerful because it shows how quick and easy it is to begin to convince people of a "fact." To think of how many assignments myself, and friends have used Wikipedia for different projects and assignments is almost humerous. Anyone can post whatever they feel to be true on that website, and I have reported it as truth on multiple occasions. Because the information age has changed drastically, it is crucial to take a step back and make sure we are learning the truth and not random information posted by some uninformed person.

No comments:

Post a Comment